View Single Post
  #165   Report Post  
Old 04-06-2003, 09:32 PM

Default garden police gone wild?

well this is another story of the Saga of the Lot Wars. Now that we had a green WOOD
fence, I decided to string those little white twinkle lights down the entire line so
coming home in the dark there would be something lit and cheerful along the otherwise
dark driveway. The lights also severed to mark where there to guide the snow plow. of
course my mothers porch was completely festooned in lights! and at the end of the
drive we had a nice fake green wreath with lights hanging on the fence. In order to
get those little lights to work we had to run heavy duty 100+ foot extensions down
the road, tucked under the leaves against the fence. As we were putting em up across
the split rail THE BITCH was out the door with camera in hand taking pictures. Those
lights went on thru mid february, and then we pulled the plug. THE BITCH called the
city and complained about the lights. So the city got a policy can run extension
cords for Christmas lights, but being Jewish we couldnt have them out there for
ummm... lets say Purim or Passover. We had to take up the extension cords that
nobody could see unless they were standing on my mothers driveway and pushing the
leaves aside. Then the BITCH had the gaul to leave a letter in the mailbox telling
my mother how disturbed people were with the Christmas wreath being out there long
after Christmas.
YUP. Pink Flamingos with santa outfits, then bunny outfits, then 4th of july
outfits. you bet. Ingrid

wrote:
You go too far, paghat. Christmas lights are one of the joys of those
dark, bleak, garden less and sunless months of winter. I'm not even
religious. I just like all the pretty lights.

Swyck

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
Solve the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other
compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the
endorsements or recommendations I make.