Old 04-06-2003, 09:32 PM

Default garden police gone wild?

It originates in common law and are part and parcel of the constitution and beliefs
of the people who founded this country. It is embodied in the idea that a man's
(woman's) house is their castle and inviolate. that nobody can enter your house that
a person can shoot and kill an intruder into their house and that police must show
just cause to a judge and get a warrant to enter a dwelling. it is also embodied in
the concepts of private property and ownership. the state is not allowed to
interfere in use of private property without just cause.
financial institutions lend to PEOPLE. I have never heard of banks dictating deed
restrictions or setting down rules for what people can and cant do on their property.
not unless they are in bed with the politicians!
so now it isnt what you want, it is what the bank wants. there is no guarantee in
law that anybody needs to sell their property quickly has to recoup their investment.
this is the basic problem with buying houses as investments. they are shit poor
investments. land as real estate is a good investment. not houses. so anybody
buys a home expecting to get their money out or better when they have to dump it on
the market needs a better investment broker. look what happened to so much property
in so many cities when black people moved into neighborhoods. people were panicked
and sold losing a lot of money. never mind their new neighbors were wonderful
people. How you going to guarantee against that kind of eventuality. You want to
minimize your risk at the expense of other people's freedom.
in most parts of the country, including where my mother lives running a small
business out of the home is perfectly legal. the restrictions have more to do with
traffic than anything else.
building codes are a safety and health issue. as a matter of fact, most areas of the
US have no enforced "codes". there is no inspection required, no permit required to
occupy a house..
the minimum lot sizes in the new developments near my mother are 1/4 acre ... and
they built 300-500K houses on these postage stamps. it is a joke. but what they
cannot do is say "oh, this person who built a house 50 years ago is not the right
size, so she has to increase the house size or we will fine her 1K per day." I dont
think ANY city has the right to enforce HOA restrictions on people who never signed
on the dotted line. and that is EXACTLY what the city politicians have done. they
have made one big HOA out the city, writing and rewriting the rules to everyone has
to follow the same stupidity. they are even forcing people to pay for private
garbage pickup .. everyone has to pay the same, doesnt matter if they dont have any
garbage. So where the hell DOES IT END? Ingrid

I don't know where this concept originates.

you simply don't have unlimited rights to do as you wish with your property.
Indeed, most of us live onproperty owned by a financial institution who has some
interest inmaintaining the value of their investment.
You might find
yourself in a situation where you have to sell your home quickly and are
unable to because your neighbor has decided to decorate his home in an
Adam's Family theme.

Zoning also prohibits the conduct of most businesses within a residential
area.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com