Old 04-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Vox Humana

Default garden police gone wild?

wrote in message
And why not. If there isnt a law against fences the person doesnt want to

see it can
just build a fence so they dont have to look at it. Ingrid

But the two points were made:
1) if you own the land and pay taxes you should be able to do as you wish
2) It was OK to have a semi if it could be parked in the yard

There was great pride in the fact that her community didn't have
regulations. But it seems that they do have regulations. If you own the
rig it is OK to park it in your yard. If you have employees you can't park
it in the yard. It all seems very arbitrary to me and I see no virtue in
one person's rules over another. Your example of building a fence to block
the view is just as burdensome as asking the trucker to park his equipment
elsewhere. Both rules impose a burden and someone has to be the arbiter.

"Vox Humana" wrote:
Why draw the line at tractor trailers? If a person makes his/her living
driving a big rig, does that make them a second class citizen in your

town
as compared to the Maytag repair man? After all, if you pay the mortgage
payments and the taxes shouldn't you be entitled to park what ever you

want
in the driveway? I believe that is your position.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.