Old 04-06-2003, 09:56 PM
BenignVanilla

Default need a filter?

"Lydia" wrote in message
Hi all. I just moved to a new house in Western Washington. For a while
now, I've had water gardening ideas swirling around in my head. So I'm in
the pre-pond stages of planning and learning. I have a question... do I
need a filter if I'm not going to have fish - only plants?

Nope, no filter needed. Without critters you won't have the water getting
soiled, and since you plan to have plants in the water, you will be filter
the water naturally. I would suggest however that you include a filter in
your future plans. Once you have a water garden, you'll no doubt want fish
some day.

BV.