Old 04-06-2003, 10:20 PM

Default Choco

yes,
http://users.megapathdsl.net/~solo/p...nt.htm#topical
treatment
anchor worm can spread. it lays eggs. just keep a sharp eye on the fish in the
pond. and feed antibiotic food. once the skin is broken bacteria can get into the
wound. in fact, they say all wounds are infected with bacteria.
It is odd that they have been inside. did you introduce any new fish?
Ingrid

"Todd P" wrote:
No strings of any hanging from this fish or any for that matter. There was a
white like backing under the swelled scales at one point. I checked the
fish in the pond and no markings of any kind. I still have some inside as
well and they are fine. Can anchor worm spread to other fish? The fish has
been Isolated since I noticed this .

How do I clean the wound? Q-tip?

Does anchor stay dormant? because they have been inside since fall and this
has recently happened.

Thank you for helping me out..