Old 04-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Vox Humana

Default garden police gone wild?

"animaux" wrote in message
Which is what I did in the back. I have a length of common fence with the

igit
and I attached concrete reinforcement grid and have a nice Schizophragma
hydrangoides (sp?) and some ivy treebine, and Virginia creeper. In a year

or
so, I won't be able to see a thing.

I guess Virginia creeper has some merit! I would need a wall of it about 20
feet high to mask my neighbor's legal but ugly yard. Because of the
difference in elevation between our houses I can see every square inch of
their yard. The meant well, but they clear cut their entire back yard which
is on a slope. Then they used Round Up on it and killed all the vegetation.
Now it is an eroding mess. The erosion undercut the last huge tree they had
and it fell, nearly hitting their house. The tree took out the tops of two
of my trees when it fell. I seriously thinking of putting in a bamboo
screen. Even if we were allowed to have privacy fences, there wouldn't be
one that would reasonably work.