Old 04-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Simon Avery

Default Where to buy a petrol strimmer?

"Mike" wrote:

Hello Mike

M Decided its time to convert to petrol :-)
M Anyone know the cheapest place to buy petrol strimmers
M is?. I've looked at BandQ.com and the cheapest was £80
M which seems quite expensive.

It's not, and they are about the cheapest retailers about.

M I think youre right. My lawnmower only cost that.
M I expected them to be just less than double the price of a
M electric one i.e. about £50-£60. Most seem to be about £100

They've actually come down in price an awful lot over the past 5-10
years or so as the home gardening market has strengthened. Back when I
was doing it every day for six months of the year the cheapest
strimmers were about 400+ and all for professional use, 40cc and
upwards. It's no wonder Black and Decker did so well out of their
little electric ones.