Old 04-06-2003, 11:44 PM
K30a

Default *** !!! FREE MARTHA !!! *** |--------- wedgib

I will not reply to the question of Martha's guilt...
(it is soooooooooo tempting but I won't, I won't!!!)
but I'll take this occasion to repost Martha's Perfect Ponding Tips
as rec.ponders think she would present them ~

Subject: Recap of Martha Stewart Pond Tips - Long and OT
From: "Mac Knight" A
"macknight@char ter.net/A
Date: Mon, Nov 4, 2002 6:42 PM
K30a inspired me to go looking for the Martha Stewart ponding tip thread. I
found them from July of 1997 on Google. Since I'd never seen them before,
I've copied them and pasted them together with attribution to the authors.
Very funny

Mac Knight ) A
HREF="http://www.therapids.net/macknight"http://www.therapids.net/macknig
ht/A

How to know if you're being stalked by Martha Stewart add-on:

0. You find your favorite koi, stuffed with watercress and seasoned
with houttuynia on the BBQ, with frog legs on the side. ~ jan

And hair algae can be dried and made into such lovely macrame... just
the right touch for decorating that "extra special" party! - Gary Woods

How to make watercress soup. Gretchenb

How to use your lotus for different recipes. Gretchenb

Not to mention.... Landscape toilet bowl with frilly bunches of
oxygenators, or better yet, float a water hyacinth - L. M. Rose

or...Invite Guests to an Algae Party.... let them scoop up their own bowls
of thin green strands and serve an assortment of wonderful pasta sauces - L.
M. Rose

How about first aid for water when it falls? Duke Hayes

Did you know that you can use your dead fish to make a lovely
centerpiece in time for guests??? - Kellie

Just remember to keep refrigerated until guests arrive. The smell can get to
you. Also does anyone have the recipe for tadpole creole? - Holger

Hey, the smell is part of it! Don't keep it cool. Wrap it in plastic
wrap & put it out in the sun. Bring it in & open it as soon as the
guests arrive. - Eric

Yes, and the flies make an attractive living garnish! - Kelly

Breeding Koi for color - out with the garish golds, white and blacks - in
with sage greens, soft butter yellows and egg shell blue. - Kathy

How to train that pesky Heron to stand perfectly still and spit out a
steady stream of water for a lovely water feature. - Kathy

Do it yourself surgery on unsightly Bullfrog warts. - Kathy

Tips for weekly liner scrubbing. - Kathy

Turn that extra raccoon fur into placemats, lampshades and plate warmers. -
Kathy

You forget about dusting your rocks. - Barb

Training your Koi to swim in size order - Tom

Tuning frogs for harmony - Tom

How often should you wash your pond plants?

pH control - is +/- 0.01 pH units enough? - Tom

Braiding goldfish tails - Tom

Importing sand from the Yangtze R. valley - Tom

PTFE pond liners, only $45.95/sq ft! - Tom

For the full scope on why Martha may not be doing any
ponding for a while go here ~
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2003Jun4.html

k30a