Old 03-03-2003, 01:30 AM
J Kolenovsky

Default Soil test??'s

I am a native plant habitat landscaper in Houston,
http://www.celestialhabitats.com
and the Master Gardeners, Master Naturalists, other landscapers, land
and ag suppliers all say to use http://www.txplant-soillab.com/. These
folks are in Edinburgh, TX and are organically oriented. You tell them
your goals and they analyze the soil and then tell you what steps you
need to take to take to achieve your goals organically. No one buy kits
off the shelf. The cost runs about $55.00 and is well worth it. I hear
their name over and over and over in the organic circle. Bob Randall
with Urban Harvest can vouch for them as well as Malcolm Beck. =

J. Kolenovsky

"news.houston.sbcglobal.net" wrote:
=

Moved into a house a while ago and am just getting around to sending in=

soil
samples to see what I need to feed it with (yard with some St Augustine=

and
bermuda, normal suburban shrubs and trees). There are a LOT of options=

for
the test including:
=

- Routine analysis (pH, NO, P, K, Ca, Mg, S and Conductivity)
- Routine +Micronutrients (Zn, Fe, Cu, Mn)
- Routine +Micronutirents +Boron
- Routine + Detailed salinity
- Routine + micro+salinity
- Routine + micro+detailed Lime requirement
- Routine+ micro+Boron+Lime+organic matter+salinity
- Routine+texture analysis
- Routine +organic matter
=

This is way too many choices. I am gardening organically if it changes=

anything. Anybody know what test I should get?
=

Thanks,
Hank Longino

-- =