Old 05-06-2003, 12:56 AM
zxcvbob

Default garden police gone wild?

Write to the state attorney general and let him (her?) fight it. Opinion
of the atty general trumps local law until *they* appeal the decision to
the courts. They won't appeal because they know they'll lose.

It probably won't work, but all it costs you is a stamp.

Best regards,
Bob

wrote:

I would love that to be true, but my mother isnt going to fight city hall on her
retirement income. Ingrid

zxcvbob wrote:

If that's true, it's called an "ex post facto" law and unenforcable because
it violates the US Constitution (Article 1 and I think Article 6).
Anything preexisting *must* be grandfathered.

Unless they wanna condemn the property using "imminent domain." [that
oughta start a ruckus]

Best regards,
Bob