Old 03-03-2003, 01:39 AM
Christopher

Default Flora APM to prevent algae?

what about putting this in a bag in your canister filter

also, does this control algae that grows on the glass or does this just
control green water?
"Henry" wrote in message
It is for an aquarium. I wonder if I could put the straw in my filter? On
the other hand perhaps I will just try the product.

"Pete Bradbury" wrote in message
If it for a pond just go to your local pet shop, buy som pete straw

(which
should be pesticide free). Put the straw as muchas you can into a pair

of
ladies tights.
Tie up the end and submerge in pond.

Works a treat! Last all season, and can be used for compost in the

autumn.

"Henry" wrote in message
Has anybody out there tried Flora APM ? It is a barley extract that is

said
to prevent algae. It is not an algaecide, and I believe it is supposed

be
safe for plants and fish. I am thinking of trying it and would like to

hear
from anyone who has used it as to its effectiveness.