Old 05-06-2003, 01:56 AM
zxcvbob

Default garden police gone wild?

animaux wrote:
Yes, I agree. I expressed here what the two concerns were with regard to our
neighbor. The construction trailer which is always filled with junk like the
Beverly Hillbillies car, and the dead animals hanging from the hoop. Everything
else can be masked away. I don't think those two things, which are well within
the deed restrictions are too much to ask.

Random thoughts:

The Clampetts would be *welcome* living next door to me. They were good
people, and Jed in particular had a lot of good common sense.

Somehow I doubt that there is *really* a restriction or law against hanging
game from a basketball hoop. That sounds way too specific.

The story of the farmer mixing the HOA paint and painting his 60 y/o house
pink sounds an awful lot like "Operation Petticoat". But I can see my
father in law telling a whopper like that if he found himself living in a
pink house. He might even paint the house pink just so he could tell the
story. ;-)

Ingrid's mom's little fence sounds like it might be allowed under the code
that someone posted if it was under 3' tall. Wire mesh is over 50% open --
all you gotta do is call it a "decorative fence" and it is exempt from
requiring a permit because it's under the height limit. Depends on whether
they define "decorative". (I think that was the term used.) Maybe she
shoulda planted sweet peas on it.

Best regards,
Bob