Old 05-06-2003, 02:56 AM
animaux

Default garden police gone wild?

On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 19:49:09 -0500, zxcvbob wrote:

Random thoughts:

The Clampetts would be *welcome* living next door to me. They were good
people, and Jed in particular had a lot of good common sense.

I was talking about their car, not them. However, you do know they are only
characters, don't you?

Somehow I doubt that there is *really* a restriction or law against hanging
game from a basketball hoop. That sounds way too specific.

Deed restrictions say NO HOOPS at all. Several people have hoops. This
neighbor is the only one who hangs game from it.

The story of the farmer mixing the HOA paint and painting his 60 y/o house
pink sounds an awful lot like "Operation Petticoat". But I can see my
father in law telling a whopper like that if he found himself living in a
pink house. He might even paint the house pink just so he could tell the
story. ;-)

That's fine too, but like others I don't believe it happened.

Ingrid's mom's little fence sounds like it might be allowed under the code
that someone posted if it was under 3' tall. Wire mesh is over 50% open --
all you gotta do is call it a "decorative fence" and it is exempt from
requiring a permit because it's under the height limit. Depends on whether
they define "decorative". (I think that was the term used.) Maybe she
shoulda planted sweet peas on it.

Best regards,
Bob

Eh, I'm already "over" this discussion. It turned ugly when a few people found
the need to personalize it and to be truthful, it's boring at this point.