Old 05-06-2003, 04:32 AM
Repeating Decimal

Default Kill Ants Organically?

in article , Pat Meadows at
wrote on 6/4/03 5:19 PM:

I think it either could be or could not be, it would depend
upon what it was fed with. Ugh. What a terrible
sentence....[takes a deep breath and tries again].

I think it could be organic, if organic plant food was used.
It could be not organic, if commercial plant food was used.

That is my point. I use CHEMICALS! They are derived from MINERALS! Nothing
in them has recently been processed by living things.

Howard M. Resh, in his book hydroponic Food Production lists sources for
elements used in the nutrient solution. All the materials dissolved in water
are inorganic salts, acids, and bases. The include

Potassium nitrate
Calcium Nitrate
Ammonium sulfate
Potassium chloride
Phosphoric acid
Magnesium sulfate
Nitric acide

and other such items such as trace elements are provided by

Iron chelate
Boric acid
Borax
Copper sulfate
Zinc chelate
Manganese chelate
Manganese sulfate

and other similar item

I grow tomatoes using such solutions. There are impurities.

Are my tomatoes organic? can they be wholesome?

Bill