Old 05-06-2003, 06:08 AM
Chris A. Epler

Default Trouble starting new Husqvarna 350 chainsaw

"Jeff Hancock" wrote in message news:hTwDa.1575$2A2.219@lakeread05...
Buy a Stihl! ;-) Mine is 10 years old and sat for 18 months in the case in
the barn. Filled the bar lube and fuel tank with new stuff and started
right up on the 3rd pull!

I gave up tonight after trying some starter fluid and countless more
pulls. Nothing. We went to Home Depot and I picked up a little Echo
33CC which looks like a good match for our needs. Most of what we'll
end up cutting will be thick branches and small trees, 4-6" thick
probably. The Echo has a 16" bar which is plenty, 33CC should handle
that thickness with no problem and the saw is a little smaller and
lighter, has a primer bulb and included a hard case.

Oh and get this, STARTED ON THIRD PULL! Man, you have no idea how
estatic I was when I heard that engine hum to life! After 3-4 days
yanking on the Husqvarna's start cord I thought my arm was going to
fall off or I'd develop a noticably larger muscle on that upper
arm...*rub*

I sincerely hope this was just a bad batch of saws that Lowes got in
and that this isn't representative of their quality. Hopefully this
little Echo will last and work well for me.