Old 05-06-2003, 08:32 AM
Tim

Default Chilli Plants

On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 21:37:56 +0100, wrote:

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003 18:16:57 +0100, "Chris Long"
wrote:

I have a range of chilli plants I've grown from seeds. SOme of them are
doing really well, but some have a problem with their leaves which are
sometimes discoloured or curled round the edges so they look deformed.
Some
are also a bit stunted.

Any ideas what the problem might be?
Is it leaving them outside?

Some of ours have got this and it seems to coincide with the presence
of aphids.

Aphids are a real pest on chillis, especially if they are under stress,
maybe from not enough light, or heavy soil, or if they're being
overwatered. I find they thrive if allowed to dry out a bit between
waterings. Basically treat them like tomatoes, but you don't need to pinch
out the shoots. Chillis can get sunburn quite easily, actually, are the
leaves going pale brown to white in patches or along the edges?

There are loads of sites on the Web about chilli growing.
http://www.chillisgalore.co.uk/pages/growingtips.html
http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/horticulture/5291.html
for starters.

Tim.