Old 05-06-2003, 09:18 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default snakes head fritilaria: germination

In article 1fvzb9w.zh7cziqlvu48N%00senetnospamtodayta@macunl imited.net,
(Jim W) writes:
| jane wrote:
|
| C coum seem to love it in a large terracotta bowl - they're now
| sprouting everywhere. I just leave them to their own devices, making
| sure moss doesn't get a look in.
|
| Thanks for that.. I may well go and collect up the Cyclamen seed and
| redistribute it.. At the moment it is just lying on top of existing
| corms.. not ideal for germination I believe, although the exisiting
| Cyclamen have established very well..

Mine do exactly the same in a bed which is in the rain shadow of the
house. They are adapted to growing in places which dry out totally
in summer and freeze in winter, but don't like waterlogging and
can't take much competition.

Note that is C. coum, not C. persicum.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.