Old 05-06-2003, 09:18 AM
Janet Baraclough

Default Bridge

The message
from (Simon Avery) contains these words:

"Serenity" serenity@nospamserenitynyespam off.fslife.co.uk wrote:

Hello Serenity

S I need to get a bridge to span an 18ft dyke.
S It doesn't have to be too ornamental, functional is fine.
S Does anyone have a favoured supplier.

I don't think there's a "Bridges R Us" type chain. Your best bet is to
open the yellow pages and find a local engineering works who'll be
able to knock up something to suit your needs. You'll probably also
need a builder on site to erect/install it, but that's something you
can sort out with your engineer.

Probably the cheapest way to do it, it with 2 ex-telephone poles as
the spans, fixed to vertical stobs driven into the banks, and planks
nailed across the poles as the surface. Farmers often have a stash of
the poles.

Janet.