Old 05-06-2003, 09:20 AM
Simon Avery

Default The best bit of gardening

"Druss" wrote:

Hello Druss

D Definately jealous, but you're a gardener, how can you sit
D and watch, surely there's a weed somewhere, or a pot that
D needs watering or some seeds that just haven't gone in yet,
D or the greenhouse needs ventilating, or or or, oh yea sorry,
D I know it's addictive, and I am trying to teach myself the
D art of "sit back and watch", it's just not coming easily to
D me as yet.

Ah, I have a secret weapon for that side of things. The wife. I do the
hardscaping and mow the lawn, she does the plants. Works really well.

BTW, finally got around to putting some photos up;

http://digdilem.org/garden

"What I did over the winter"

Sascha might like to see a not-quite clone of her sitting area.

D We did have damselflies laying eggs last week, that was
D great, right up until the male sunk the female well below
D the water level and then dragged himself back up and flew
D off. Well she didn't come up by herself so we stepped in,
D don't know for sure if it was the right thing to do, but did
D it anyway. We also had to introduce tadpoles this year since
D no-one came to spawn in our pond, however we did have one
D large frog sitting in the pond in the blazing heat of the
D weekend, that was great to see.

I love ponds, there's so much happening in them it's a great place to
waste time. Same with moving water, great fun to play around with a
stream - moving stones around to see if it makes the flow better or
more attractive.