Old 05-06-2003, 09:20 AM

Default Why the fear of GM Crops?

Oz wrote:

Jerry writes

I hear and read that the European Union has safety concerns about
growing genetically modified crops and the food produced from them.
But I never hear details. So here is the question. What are the
SPECIFIC fears of the European Union in regard to genetically modified
crops?

1) A paranoid population. (really)

a population that got bitten by the mad cow and the blood supply
tainted with aids while the "scientist" assure the paranoid population
that it was all in their minds.

2) A useful trade blocking mechanism.

Patents on life and artificially low government guaranteed farm loans
are also useful US trade mechanisms. The other side is not going
to sit and say ok hit me.

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.