Old 05-06-2003, 12:32 PM
Henry

Default Please can someone ID this rose (link to pic inside)

Shiva wrote:
On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 07:54:15 -0400, Henry wrote:

Cass wrote:

If you have other roses in your garden, this is not a rose you want to
have in your garden, as it is a carrier of a mite that might carry a
virus callede rose rosette, a rose disease that can kill your roses.

Actually, my understanding is that multiflora is considered to be more
susceptible to rose rosette than any other rose. If it is heathly, it
is unlikely to be carrying the disease.

Alice's rose is definitely rosa mulitflora!

I never said it wasn't. My comment was aimed at the comment about not
wanting a multiflora because "it is a carrier of a mite that might carry
a virus...", not with the identification. It certainly looks like
multiflora to me.

--
Henry