Old 05-06-2003, 12:44 PM
Pat Meadows

Default What's eating my plants?

On Thu, 05 Jun 2003 02:32:34 GMT, "Paid2fish"
wrote:

Thanks for the tip, I went out just now and found dozens of slugs. Is there
an easy way to repel them? Kill them? I would prefer not use a pesticide
unless there is no other reasonable option.

http://www.gardensalive.com has a natural (and harmless,
they say) slug killer.

http://www.gardensalive.com/item_dis...uctNumber=2111
(in case this doesn't work, the product is called
'Escar-Go!' - just search on 'slug').

I'm using this for the first time this year, so I can't say
how well it works or doesn't - I put it out two days ago, as
I am experiencing slug damage too (all the rain we've had
must encourage them).

There's also a product called 'Sluggo' (IIRC), which might
be available to you locally. I couldn't find it locally,
but we're in a very rural area and the stores aren't as well
stocked as they might be.

Some people put out saucers of beer and say that the slugs
come to drink it, then drown. When I tried this, it didn't
work. Maybe I was using the wrong kind of beer! Maybe the
slugs prefer imported beer....

Pat