Old 05-06-2003, 01:08 PM
Nonya

Default Trouble starting new Husqvarna 350 chainsaw

You may also want to check that the throttle is slightly engaged....some
have a detent that you lock the throttle into when starting. Just look at it
as an aerobic workout Good luck,
Scott
"Chris A. Epler" wrote in message
m...
I picked up a new Husqvarna 340 over the weekend and have been unable
to start it, I returned it and picked up a 350 thinking the 340 I had
may have had a problem but I'm still having problems on the 350 as
well.

Has anyone had problems with their first start on these chainsaws?
I've tried almost everything I can think of (I'll try carb cleaner and
starting fluid tomorrow) to no avail. Choke engaged, checked plug
gap, checked for spark, pulled the plug and let it sit for a couple
hours to try to dry out cylinder if flooded, tried w/o choke, w/choke,
with throttle, decompression valve open/closed...just about every
combination I can think of. The fuel is new 87 octane mixed with 2
cycle oil in the appropriate amount.

Any ideas? I think the starter fluid after a carb clean are my last
chances at getting it started and maybe a new plug in case I'm not
getting a GOOD spark..

Very frustrating, and VERY tiring yanking on that start cord for 3
days...uhgh!