Old 05-06-2003, 03:20 PM
Bill Marcy

Default large pond aireation?

Do you have a source for the aeration disk that you use?

On Thu, 05 Jun 2003 01:12:04 GMT, "Gregory Young"
wrote:

Bill:
I use a submerged (neoprene) aeration disk (lasts longer and doesn't foul
like airstones can), connected via weighted tubing to 1/4 compressor,
designed for continuous duty. Compressor draws only 3.1amps and pushes
1.5CFM of air in depths up to 35 ft deep!
I have the compressor hidden in an artificial rock.
My 1/2 acre ponds are each only about 12 ft deep.
I have a floating fountain (in one) I built that kicks up to a height of 15
ft, but I use this primarily for decorative and cooling (evaporative)
purposes.
The compressor/diffuser is the single best investment I made for my "farm
ponds" as we call then here. That plus lots of lilies and marginals have
resulted in clear pond, larger fish, and little to no mulm on bottom of
pond. 1st pond put in 1982/3, second 1984/5.
They don't look like they will ever need to be drained/cleaned with the
balance they seem to have going.
Happy ponding,
Greg

"Bill Marcy" wrote in message
.. .
I have a 1 acre pond, I am trying to find out the best way to aerate
it. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance.