Old 05-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Christopher Hamel

Default What's eating my plants?

"Paid2fish" wrote in message om...
Thanks for the tip, I went out just now and found dozens of slugs. Is there
an easy way to repel them? Kill them? I would prefer not use a pesticide
unless there is no other reasonable option.

I know this is going to sound crazy, but try beer. A friend suggested
it to me years back, and I set a plate of beer out at night, and the
next morning I had about 15 dead slugs on the plate. It was so
disgusting that I opted to go with the pesticides from then on.

Apparently, they like beer and are attracted to it and then drown in
the puddle. Again, I have only done this once, but it worked like a
charm, assuming you can stomach it.

Good luck,
Chris