Old 05-06-2003, 05:32 PM
Dan Lawyer

Default Need Advice on Selling Collection of Large Plants

We are retired and trying to downsize so we can travel, which means getting
rid of lots of plants which we have raised for the last 20+ years. A couple
of years ago, I tried to sell a couple of huge Fica trees in the paper, but
it seems nobody wants big plants, or expects you to give them away. I got a
manager of a nursery to give me estimates on what they might be worth if
sold in his place, so I have an idea of fair prices, but not a clue how to
get it. I thought about trying a local auction on eBay, but plants just
don't seem to sell well there.

These are beautiful but large plants, including a Plumeria tree about 7' x
6' wide with about 40 branch tips, 7' Hibiscus trees(3), one tri-color has
about a 6' circumference, 7' False Aralia, 3' Ming Aralia, 7' Pony Tail
Palm, 5' Mediterranean Fan Palm w/six pups and more.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get something decent for large plants?

Dan