Old 05-06-2003, 06:08 PM
Trevise

Default Squirrels in the fruit trees

"Brigg222" wrote in message
They
take a bite of the green fruit, chuck it and take another.

Why do they do that? We have a peach tree and they do the same thing.

They
pick a green one take a bite and boot it and go to the next one till they

are
all gone. My Dad has actually shot some with a be be gun......but to no
avail.....more show up and do the same. Here is another weird thing they

do
here. Have tulips planted around alot of the trees and when the tulips

flower
out the squirrels just come and bite off the flower........they don`t eat

the
flower just nip it off. All is left is the stem. Damn squirrels. They

must
have it in for us humans. LOL.

They're destructive rodents. They bite things to taste them, and leave what
doesn't suit them. The ones that REALLY should be shot at are the idiots who
FEED the damned things, putting out corn and such because they thing the
damned tree rats are "cute".
if you have a thing about firearms, just blast the little *******s with a
hose set on "jet". If you have a dog, leave it out in the yard. Get some
traps (cages) and once they are occupied, take a late night cruise to the
river and see if they'll swim - I haven't found one that passed this test
yet...