Old 05-06-2003, 06:20 PM
Minteeleaf

Default Flowers I can eat???

Christopher Hamel wrote:

(COcon28932) wrote in message
This is a strange question. I am going to get Marigold seeds, and want to know
how do I find out which flowers are good to eat, and what I should stay away
from!

I realize you have a zillion responses already, but to add a common
and a not-so-common:

1) I am growing squash, and the blooms are giantic. My father tells
me they are very good to eat. I haven't tried it, but he's usually
right about these things. Then again, maybe he's trying to kill me.

2) On two occasions, people have told me that the entire Dandilion
plant is edible.

Squash blossoms are indeed edible & taste lovely.
When eating dandelions, just eat the youngest tender leaves.
I grew up eating young dandelion greens.

Minteeleaf