Old 05-06-2003, 06:32 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Kill Ants Organically?

On Thu, 05 Jun 2003 16:54:22 GMT, Repeating Decimal
wrote:

in article , Pat Meadows at
wrote on 6/5/03 4:33 AM:

I don't like to use fish emulsion in the house as it smells,
plus I believe it would encourage the cat to dig up the
plant.

Aside from the smell, I think that it is unethical to use a perfectly good
source of edible protein (fish) in a protein short world to feed plants. The
plants can do just as well using nitrogen fixed by legumes.

No, they actually can't - as I was referring to miniature
tomato plants in 6" pots, growing in our bay window
throughout the winter. Hard to get many legumes into a 6"
pot....

I believe, however, that the fish emulsion is made from
waste products from fish processing plants.

Pat