Old 05-06-2003, 07:32 PM
paghat

Default garden police gone wild?

In article ,
"Cereoid-UR12yo" wrote:

Just don't tell anyone I started this thread, Tomski.

Those who post here that otherwise have me kill-filed just might shit a gold
brick!!!!!

Sweet revenge has been mine all along!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been a GREAT thread, so thanks heaps! For it has revealed to me a lot
of the psychology & self-justifying postures taken by the sorts of people
who start wars with or play cop against their neighbors striving to impose
their own questionable aesthetic & dubious moral notions on others. If
they were trying to stop all-night rock bands blasting the neighborhood,
ten pet pigs in a stench-pen, an open sesspool kids could drown in,
shotgun target practice in the alley, or a deadly toxic drug factory, it'd
be perfectly sensible to Unite Against Crime. But it turns out to be about
houses painted the wrong color, horrible basketball hoops, baseless rumors
& vendettas aimed at individuals one is already fighting with, unmowed
lawn, trivial zoning violations, or a vehicle parked in nobody's way on
one's own land. And THIS results in years of Neigbhor Wars? Just amazing.
Reinforces so much I already suspected!

I remember a news report about a retired old geezer who had made about
forty wooden windmills & set them all around his house. They didn't make
any noise, they weren't unsightly, but in fact there were zoning
restrictions about how much stuff can have standing in their yards.
Neighbors successfully got the law behind them to make him get rid of his
retirement hobby! The day the windmills were to be carted away, the news
showed up for one last look at one of the most charmingly eccentric
gardens.

Then there was the news report about the family in Des Moines who had a
rabbit rescue project and kept about twenty rabbits well cared for in
"free range" conditions, clean, harmless, but only took ONE nosy-neighbor
complaint for the city of Des Moines to shut down the rescue because by
law you can only have a maximum of three pet rabbits. It hit the news
because once again it made good pictorial coverage, plus the judge who
gave the "date by which" the rabbits had to find new homes or be destroyed
-- the last day was Easter!

You just know the people who **** with other peoples' lives & properties
are by far the lesser human beings, but feel so self-righteous having some
zoning law on their side -- dumbass regulations put into effect by a few
community peckerwoods of appalling control-freak character, enforced by
little tin stormtroopers unleashed by anonymous complainants who'll
eventually get their own pathetic lives bitten short by their own sorry
rules (cuz you just KNOW they're going to come to a point in their own
lives when their only friends are twenty soar-encrusted cats).

-paghat the ratgirl

Tom Jaszewski wrote in message
On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 21:36:02 GMT, wrote:

Got it?

YUP
garden police gone wild? is the newest round of crap for those bored
with the cat thread, or the chemical fertilizer foray.

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
See the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl:
http://www.paghat.com/