Old 05-06-2003, 07:44 PM
John Hines

Default *ANTS*

"James Williams" wrote:

"John Hines" wrote :

That is my point, Spiders are not related to bugs, they are basically
land crabs, being related to the crabs in the sea biologically.

Which, to me, makes eating shrimp, lobster and crab equal to eating
bugs.

Actually, I thing "bug" is a particular term in entomology that means a
particular type of insect that has specialized mouthparts. But most people
mean it in it's loosest definition, "anything that crawls on me and needs to
be swatted".

Spiders eat bugs. Being eaten is bad for bugs. Therefore the more
spiders, the fewer bugs. Spiders do almost nothing but eat bugs. They
almost never bother humans other than the "eek, a spider' fear they
provoke.