Old 05-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Unique Too

Default Please can someone ID this rose (link to pic inside)

Alice Gless writes:

Only have a couple left but I am wanting to try to propagate some Father
Hugo's roses and some other old ones I find. I'll just have to take my
chances on mites and the like.

If you want to keep the multiflora then at least read up on rose rosette
disease at this site:

http://web.ntown.net/~apeck/index.htm

That way you'll know what to look for if the disease appears on either your
roses or the wild mutiflora. IIRC Iowa is one the states who purposely spread
the mites in order to control the multiflora plants, so your chances are
greater of contracting the disease than those in other locations.

Julie