Old 05-06-2003, 08:32 PM
Liz

Default Post Hole cutters

Paul Kelly wrote in message

"Its-eddy !" wrote in message
I need to drill out some post holes deep, and was wondering if anyone
has seen a drill type that will cut a hole.
The tongs type are useless IMO.

You want a Ground Auger - many tool hire shops have hand ones for not very
much and power ones for an arm and a leg (only needed if you have a lot of
holes, the hand one is pretty easy0

....Unless you have a bed of flint two feet under the surface. My simple
plan of putting a yard-high picket fence around a play area was complicated
by a 3-d interlocking puzzle of massive flints which were impossible to
lever up individually. At which point I took the ground auger back to the
hire shop and got a pickaxe and goggles. And two hours later, LOTS of
plasters.

Liz