Old 05-06-2003, 09:08 PM
antonious

Default Deadly Kudzu?

it is very possible that the patch you saw was indeed kudzu.. I have seen
patches of it in southern KY but the harder winters are doing a good job of
slowing the spread.. And in the hills of Wva, the winters will be somewhat
more severe due to altitude... should not be a concern

"DavesVideo" wrote in message
I just took a walk thru the woods along the Patomac river. In a little
clearing there were some plants that were not there last year. They look a

lot
like kudzu, but not living in the south it's not a plant I'm very familiar
with. Looked for pictures on the net and the leaf I brought home does look

like
it.
My question is, should I be concerned? This is West VA where I didn't

think
it grew, so is the climate here such that even if it is kudzu, it will not

end
up eating the entire state? Should I organize the villagers with flaming
torches?

Dave
http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave