Old 05-06-2003, 09:08 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Koi by Kierin

"Lee Brouillet" wrote in message
Bonnie, they're one of the "names" in quality imported koi. I've only seen
the "4-and-5-figure-BEFORE-the-decimal-point" koi at shows: they're truly
remarkable. Now when folks rant and rave about the Japanese quality

imports
versus the domestic "home growns", you'll know what they mean. A "tosai"
(2nd year koi) for $12,000 should have been pretty impressive. But if you
really want "sticker shock", that's not a bad price: there are many that

are
far more expensive. The fish must have gone to a serious collector. The
first time I spend $85 for a little import, I freaked. Then I spent $250

for
a domestic butterfly that tripped my trigger. Then I spent $400 on a
Japanese imported Shiru Utsuri fresh out of quarantine from the fall

harvest
(my Christmas present to myself G). To me, these are *EXPENSIVE* fish,

so
you can understand why I get a bit neurotic about their care. But in the
world of koi, they're chump change (sigh). If *only* I could win the

Lottery

*laugh*

And I get ****ed when my $2 pl*co dies.

BV.