Old 05-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Craig Leffel

Default Flowers I can eat???

Dandelions are edible, but have some 'medicinal' affects. The root is a
sedative.

"Christopher Hamel" wrote in message
om...
(COcon28932) wrote in message

This is a strange question. I am going to get Marigold seeds, and want

to know
how do I find out which flowers are good to eat, and what I should stay

away
from!

I realize you have a zillion responses already, but to add a common
and a not-so-common:

1) I am growing squash, and the blooms are giantic. My father tells
me they are very good to eat. I haven't tried it, but he's usually
right about these things. Then again, maybe he's trying to kill me.

2) On two occasions, people have told me that the entire Dandilion
plant is edible. One warning: One was a French lady I worked with in
Germany who was a little on the nutty side, and the second was a
neighbor across the street when I lived in Pennsylvania who was an
extreme nature person. I'm not saying they're not right, but I
haven't been bold enough to try it myself. I've had the greens in a
salad before. They weren't bad, but I kept wondering if some dog peed
on them before they ended up in my salad.