Old 05-06-2003, 10:08 PM
David Hare-Scott

Default OT ... Burning Wood - Open Fireplace

"Mylorace" wrote in message

Anyone has any thoughts on the problems associated with open

fireplaces?

The main adverse criticsm is that an open fire place is a very
inefficient way of heating a room

Only inefficient if you don't have enough wood to burn !
most rural and semi rural properties have plenty close by.
I am also getting very tired of The Wowser brigade telling us all what

we can,
and can not do without feeling guilty.
Throw another log on the fire, enjoy yourself, stuff the Wowsers.

Yes, what the hell, stuff 'em, burn away, it doesn't matter to *ME*

The attitude that if a resource is readily available and cheap, even
apparently limitless, then it should be used up without thought of the
consequences is responsible for much of the ecological damage that we
cause to the Earth. This damage does have consequences and will
continue to have consequences down the years for our children and their
children, although not necessarily to the one who caused it. I would
say that you need more guilt not less.

David