Old 05-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Default filter design 101 question:

John Hines wrote:
Bonnie Espenshade wrote:

mad wrote:

o k, all y'all have seen my stock tank pond with the birdbath fountain in
it. if you haven't, its in the last pic of the 2nd URL below. click on it
and enlarge it and you can see the watercress and a mosquito dunk in it.

what i'm asking is, would this be considered a veggie filter of sorts? if
not what would you call it? now be nice! LOL

mad

Hey Mad,
If water is flowing into and out of it and it contains
vegetation - sure, call it a veggie filter ;-)

My proposed ponder's dictionary entry:

Veggie filter: A biological filter using vegetation as growth medium,
and requiring sunlight to vegetation to grow.

That sounds good to me. I second the motion.

--
Bonnie
NJ