Old 05-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Julia Green

Default garden police gone wild?

"Minteeleaf" wrote in message
I happen to live in a gorgeous neighborhood
of big brick mansions 15 minutes from the Pentagon with
huge trees & big lots. Very expensive real estate.
I heard the explosion at the Pentagon on 9/11 & the
house shook.
We do well at keeping our properties in good shape.
We have an HOA, it is very laid back & respects the homeowners.
It does not intrude unnecessarily.

I used to live in Montgomery Village, a planned community in Montgomery
County. Its covenants were pretty bad--had to get approval for almost
anything one wanted to change, no matter how minor or commonsensible. We
had the great misfortune to buy a house right across the court from a
notorious NAN (Neighborhood Association Nazi). He and his wife actually had
fun skulking around the neighborhood, looking for covenant violations.
Pretty sick stuff g. I couldn't wait to buy our next house and move outta
there. So I looked for something with lots of land and privacy, and, best
of all, NO covenants. And these are half-million dollar houses zoned for
1-8 acres. It's sooo nice not to have to deal with all that sh!t.