Old 05-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Vox Humana

Default garden police gone wild?

"Julia Green" wrote in message

"Minteeleaf" wrote in message
I happen to live in a gorgeous neighborhood
of big brick mansions 15 minutes from the Pentagon with
huge trees & big lots. Very expensive real estate.
I heard the explosion at the Pentagon on 9/11 & the
house shook.
We do well at keeping our properties in good shape.
We have an HOA, it is very laid back & respects the homeowners.
It does not intrude unnecessarily.

I used to live in Montgomery Village, a planned community in Montgomery
County. Its covenants were pretty bad--had to get approval for almost
anything one wanted to change, no matter how minor or commonsensible. We
had the great misfortune to buy a house right across the court from a
notorious NAN (Neighborhood Association Nazi). He and his wife actually

had
fun skulking around the neighborhood, looking for covenant violations.
Pretty sick stuff g. I couldn't wait to buy our next house and move

outta
there. So I looked for something with lots of land and privacy, and, best
of all, NO covenants. And these are half-million dollar houses zoned for
1-8 acres. It's sooo nice not to have to deal with all that sh!t.

If you honor your word there should be no shit to deal with. No violations,
nothing to report, no action to be taken, no shit.