Old 05-06-2003, 11:44 PM
David Hill

Default Weed killing

".....Get yourself a grass hook (like a scythe but with a short handle).
Sharpen it. 'Feel' your way in towards the little trunks,
and then swing the grass hook out. You'll get 90% or more of the remaining
nettles & goosegrass...."

You shouldn't cut to many of them down if you are unused to using a Sickle.
I would pull the weeds by hand and put a 3 or 4inch mulch of grass clippings
, this will smother a lot of the weed, and if we have a wet spell it will
rot of the young shoots trying to grow through.
Then just keep toping up the grass, and pulling anything that does grow
through.
I cleaned up 80 ft of shrubbery this way,

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries