Old 06-06-2003, 01:56 AM
Repeating Decimal

Default Protecting blueberry bushes from birds

in article 4MNDa.1807$2A2.558@lakeread05, len at wrote on
6/5/03 1:31 PM:

"Dave Allyn (Dave Allyn)" wrote in message
Any suggestions for protecting blueberry bushes from birds? Last year I
covered them with a net but it's rather unsightly and It's not clear that
it did any good (I had fewer berries last year then the year before when
I didn't do anything except rely on my cat to keep the birds away).

I havn't actually tried it, but I have heard people swear by it. You
know those CD's for AOL you get in the mail all the time (in the
states anyway) .. drill a small hole near the top, and hand them from
a string like mobil so they can turn in the breeze. the shiny side
catches the light, and the birds don't know what to do with it.

Like I said, I don't have any personal expirence with it, but the lady
next to me ties a thin white cloth on the tops of her tomato cages and
says it helps keep the birds away.. she seems to get nice toms..

Either way, I'm sure it can't hurt anything....

dave

It does't work, and is waist of time. In my experiance. len

For some reason, my berries have not attacked much by birds. Maybe they
prefer other fruits.

Bill