Old 06-06-2003, 02:20 AM
Dean Hoffman

Default superior farming when 2 cash crops Renewable Farming

On 6/5/03 12:01 PM, in article , "Archimedes
Plutonium" wrote:

Now there is another legume that likes shade that is similar to alfalfa.
Alfalfa
has blue flowers and this other legume has yellow flowers and it does
not mind mowing. I have quite a lot of it in my yards as well as clover.
So that in practice of the MowingMethod of Farming if we had a farm field
that was 3 or 4 or 5 feet wide and full of some legumes and we planted
corn in rows either in concreteblock or in a nice row so that we can mow.
Then such a farm should deliver 2 cash crops and have the legume root
system deliver the fertilizer to the corn or soybean crop.

Archimedes Plutonium,

of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies

One small point. Soybeans are legumes. Applied nitrogen for corn
following a soybean crop can be reduced by 45#/acre. There's probably more
info here than you really want to know.

http://www.ianr.unl.edu/pubs/fieldcrops/g174.htm

Dean