Old 06-06-2003, 02:56 AM
John Hines

Default Koi by Kierin

Bonnie Espenshade wrote:

in mud ponds, they were huge and expensive. The one was
already sold and in a holding tank only $12,000. I was
there to pick up a new test kit and the guy that followed me
spent $2800 on fish. I guess you could call me a big spender;-)

The late Freddy Mercury (of the rock band Queen) had an extensive koi
collection. These fish where being cared for by his estate.

While the pond was down, and the fish where in a temporary holding tank,
one of the workers needing an outlet, unplugged the filter.

Something like usd $1.8 Million in koi where wiped out, average $30,000
per koi. (of course, the numbers were in pounds, I remember the
translated value).

Ouch.