Old 06-06-2003, 06:32 AM
Mark T.

Default Pressureized Filters

Hi Connie,
I don't know if you're into building your own filter,
but if you are, here's a good link.

http://www.mikebentley.com/ponds/homemadefilters.htm

There is a fluidbed filter listed there that you're not supposed to
have to ever clean.

And then Skippy's, at this link;

http://www.skippysstuff.com/index.html

say you never have to clean their filter either. You can
buy it from them or build it yourself. Lots of good information
about filters and ponds at their site.
I've called them on the phone and, like all the people in
this newsgroup, they were very helpful.

Hope this helps,

Mark

"crclark" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Hi, to the all knowing and most trusted ponders...Has anyone tried a

Calpump
Pressure Bio Filter?? I am in need of a filter I can clean without

calling
my daughter and getting into the pond and lifting out a 2T rolled filter
w/pump...(ton maybe exaggerated) but very heavy. We then wash it, re-roll
it and it is good for maybe another week. My water is crystal clear, but
cleaning the darn thing is really a pain..Fish and plants are healthy so
maybe I should just quit whining. My pond is 23'x18'x2 and holds close to

1000 gal. I am still working on getting the gunk off of the bottom. What
does anyone think??? I have always appreciated your help in the past

years
and would never have know a lily from and iris had it not been for this
group..Thanks
Connie, Idaho