Old 03-03-2003, 12:27 PM
Joe

Default lemon tree

Is 40cm a large (enough) pot for a lemon tree?

Sounds like stress is causing the fruit to drop, and I think you will
have a constant battle to keep this poor tree happy in a pot of this
size - feeding and watering need to be constantly monitored in a pot,
and you need to be especially careful in summer when the pot will dry
out quickly - you may even need to water twice daily.

Any size pot will be hard work, but how about half a wine barrel?

Good luck.

mr clever wrote:
I have a lemon tree in a large pot (40cm diameter).

It's about 3 years old.

For the last 2 seasons I've been getting about half dozen lemons each
season.

I get lots of little lemons starting to grow, but when they reach about
1-2cm long, they fall off the tree.

Only a few stay on to mature.

Any suggestions?