Old 06-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Hillary Israeli

Default plain old sage (salvia officinalis)

I have a plain old garden variety (ha ha) sage plant that has taken over
my herb garden. Well, not quite, but it's well on the way and it is only
two years old. Right now, it is about 3.5 feet across (and when I planted
it, it had only one small stem and looked sort of sad!), and in gorgeous
purple-flowered glory. If I cut it back really hard, will it do ok and
just start growing again, since it's still early summer? I would wait til
it was done flowering, of course but I imagine that will be pretty
soon, right?

thanks,
h.