Old 06-06-2003, 03:44 PM
Mike

Default Black Fly On Broad Beans

In article , The
Gorilla writes
Hi

My broad beans have a very bad infestation of Black Fly.
I am finding it almost impossible to get any kind of pesticides from
Garden Centres etc.

Does any one have any idea what I can do please?

Some one on the allotment site swears by boiled Rhubarb water. Claims it to
be a good poison. If so any one know the mix please?

regards
Ged

My old neighbour from a long time ago, always sprayed the Broad Beans
with the used washing up water. She also claimed that the Autumn sown
Broad Beans were less liable to Black Fly.

Mike

Forthcoming reunions.
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more