Old 06-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Frogleg

Default Flowers I can eat???

On Thu, 05 Jun 2003 13:05:32 -0400, Pat Meadows
wrote:

On 5 Jun 2003 08:19:19 -0700,
(Christopher Hamel) wrote:

1) I am growing squash, and the blooms are giantic. My father tells
me they are very good to eat. I haven't tried it, but he's usually
right about these things. Then again, maybe he's trying to kill me.

They are edible. I believe people batter and deep-fry them
- and I'm sure they'd be good that way. Anything is good
that way!

A literal LOL here. More a guffaw than a laugh. I agree completely. I
believe I'd savor a bat wing if it were battered and deep fried. :-)

Googling on "squash blossom recipe" (without quotes) yields a lot of
info. Many uses are based on not only battering and frying, but
*stuffing*, battering and frying.