Old 06-06-2003, 04:56 PM
Sharon Hughes

Default Woodlice - good or bad?

Hi all - any advice please on whether or not I should be worried about the
woodlice in my courtyard?

I inherited an inner-city concrete wasteland (aka the courtyard) and am now
transforming the space - at the moment I have predominantly large pots etc
on the go. It's so nice to see some wildlife coming in the space (had my
first ladybird visit the other day) but I've noticed ants, woodlice and some
funny brown looking beetle type thing that likes the walls. I'm real keen
on getting wildlife in but should I be worried that any of this lot are
going to ruin my minor achievements so far?

Advice gratefully received (don't yet have a book on bugs!).

PS: if anyone else has undertaken such a project I would be really
interested in any tips you may have - it's not a huge space but I just know
it has potential (probably more than I have the imagination for!!)

Thanks. Shaz